Friday, January 6, 2012

My Dream Of Living In The Country



Ok, so every year for the Christmas holidays we go up to our mountain cabin in Tennessee. Even though I was born and raised in the city of Miami, I think I am a country girl at heart. Cause every time I go up there to TN I never want to leave. I feel that that's where I belong. Ever since I was a little girl I have always wanted to be part of that life. I always dreamed of having a big farm with lots of animals and having a nice country style home. The southern hospitality up there always makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Here are some great pics that I took on this trip. I hope you all enjoy it.

Here are some pictures I took from the top of our mountain cabin drive-way.

























I am almost sure some day my dream of living in the country will come true. Look at this picture I took while taking a drive in the country on our way to Sevierville. The view is simply breath-taking. As you drive by there you feel so much calm and peace as if you're engulfed in a magical surreal world. A dream if I may, which honestly, I would never want to wake up from.




It is a vivid visual delight. If you've never been to Tennessee, I suggest you take some time, some day, to go up there and delight yourself in the beauty of nature and the great southern hospitality. If visiting Sevierville, Tennessee, there is a host of activities that will keep almost anyone occupied, including local attractions, sightseeing opportunities, shopping ventures, eateries, and outdoor sports for all athletic levels. Whether you prefer soaking in a hot-tub, or fly-fishing in a mountain stream, Sevierville will provide adequate leisure options for tourists. If eating is the highlight of your travel, then a 15-minute drive to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge is the norm. Tourists can sample southern cuisine, tavern food, funnel cakes, and candy shops by the dozens. Shoppers will be happy to know that Sevierville hosts up to 120 name-brand outlet shops; in addition there are antique and specialty shops tucked away along the countryside. Venturing beyond the city limits you will find everything from apple cider to fried zucchini.

Here's another amazing picture I took while driving in Sevierville!



















And this is one of my absolute favorites!


















It's a great place to bring your family; tourists should know that many local residents are Southern Babtist, and are very tolerant, but swearing and disorderly conduct are frowned upon. Common manners, however, will provide the expected southern hospitality Tennessee people are known for.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah...I've always wanted to live like that but not Tennessee...I swear too much...lol
    Glad you had a wonderful holiday and yes, I like your blog..Happy New Year too!

    tootles,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt it funny how one can imagine living a totally different life? I adore the south and I think I could have been very happy if I had lived there. I adore southern California, but I believe I might have been a southern belle in some former life.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the pictures, this is my dream too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just happened across your blog and love it. I did fulfill my dream 3 yrs ago when I retired from teaching in Central FLorida where life is too fast and rude and hectic. We moved to Murphy, NC and have been to the places you blogged about. This is God's country. Most people we have met here have values and give back to their community. We now garden almost year round, providing ourselves and neighbors with fresh vegetables and we support the local businesses. I also read your blog about the 50's or retro housewife. I was a little girl back in the 50's and loved that time. My mother and father respected and honored each other. Being organized and planning meals is actually frugal, a concept that is returning in this economic environment. Keeping the house clean,(and I am back to hanging clothes on our outside lines and love the fresh smell and sight of sheets blowing in the breeze), is a pride that I feel for my family. Families would feel a unity and closeness again if they returned to some of the old-fashioned values that parents and grandparents had. Keep blogging!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I happened across your blog and I came across this and I understand everything you wrote because I feel the same way. I long to live in the country. I grew up in NY but I feel like I belong when I go to the country. I love all of your vintage images. I wish life was still that way. Looking forward to going through the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete